This includes all information that is required for a doctor to complete for any private purpose outside of NHS Hospitals and other signposted health centres within the NHS family such as private health insurance, solicitors paperwork, schools, holidays, fitness for sport, passports etc.
- Health club brief written report to certify that a patient is fit for exercise. Simple report £20.00 and full medical report £50.00.
- Holiday cancellation claim form £50.00
- Straightforward certificates of fact, TWMC, fitness to fly, medication on plane, basic forms supporting information by GP , GP Signature on form £30.00
- Freedom from infection certificate, eg for school, travel or employment £30.00
- Fire arms Licence £100.00
- Gender recognition certificate £80.00
- Private sick note (incapacity certificate) required by patient for presentation to an employer except for those which the doctor is obliged to provide for statutory sick pay purposes £30.00
- Private medical insurance claim form – short certificate of incapacity without examination for patient to claim under accident or sickness insurance £50.00
- Private Malaria Prescription £15.00
- Validation of private medical insurance (PMI) claim form, to support a claim for benefit in connection with private medical insurance, or completion of a pre-treatment form £50.00
- Army medical form – medical questionnaire £65.00 – Copy of medical notes £50.00
- Child minder health form/Ofstead £85.00
- Private Fostering / adoption (council) no exam paperwork £85.00
- Full Medical Examination and report (e.g. HGV, Taxi, Pilot, Employment, council, medical staff) £150.00
- Full copy of medical notes requested by a company £50.00
- Reports from medical records e.g. employer requesting report £70.00
- Fostering medical Council Full AH2 £79.00
- Fostering medical update medical questionnaire £25.00
- GP to complete a basic medical questionnaire on patient £30.00-£80.00
- GP to complete complex medical questionnaire £100.00
- iGPR/ medical report Various costs (solicitors/insurance companies requesting electronically)
- Seat Belt exemption (simple form) £20.00
- Power of Attorney (with examination) £150.00
- Copies of full medical notes £50.00
- Copies of electronic notes (depending on number requested) £10.00 -£50.00
- Immunisation history print out £10.00
- Photocopying per sheet copied 0.40p
- Patients requesting full copy of their own notes – NEED TO COMPLETE REQUEST FORM FIRST – free from 25th may 2018 but if you have a vision online account you can view your records and print out the relevant parts yourself)
You may ask yourself……Surely the doctor is being paid anyway?
“It is important to understand that many GPs are not employed by the NHS. They are self-employed and they have to cover their costs – staff, buildings, heating, lighting, etc. The NHS covers NHS work only. Time spent completing forms and preparing reports takes the GP away from their patients NHS medical care.
When a doctor signs a certificate or completes a report, it is a condition of the Medical Register that they only sign what they know to be true. In order to complete forms the doctor might have to check the patient’s entire medical record. Carelessness or an inaccurate report can have serious consequences for the doctor with the General Medical Council (the doctors’ regulatory body) or even the Police.”
In accordance with our contractual obligations we are publishing our average GP earnings which are £57,689 for 2014/15. We have nine doctors working in the practice, two full time with seven part time occasionally assisted by locum GPs who cover holiday periods.
For the financial year 2015/16
All GP practices are required to declare the mean earnings (e.g. average pay) for GPs working to deliver NHS services to patients at each practice. The average pay for GPs working in Hobs Moat Medical Centre in the last financial year was £26,420 before tax and NI. This calculation is for 2 full-time GPs and 7 part-time GP .