This includes all information that is required for a doctor to complete for any private purpose outside of NHS Hospitals and other signposted health centres within the NHS family such as private health insurance, solicitors paperwork, schools, holidays, fitness for sport, passports etc.
- Letter – to whom it may concern (signed and stamped) £40
- Claim form (private health – sickness accident) £50-£150
- Holiday cancellation insurance form/letter £60
- Fitness to travel letter £60
- Private sick note (not SSP) £40
- Childminder health form £100
- Report on pro forma £100 (no examination)
- Report on pro forma £150 (with examination)
- DVLA reports £85 – £150
- Fitness to participate e.g. Camp America forms £50
- Power of attorney (with consultation) £180
- Private Medical Examination £175
- Firearms £250
You may ask yourself……Surely the doctor is being paid anyway?
“It is important to understand that many GPs are not employed by the NHS. They are self-employed and they have to cover their costs – staff, buildings, heating, lighting, etc. The NHS covers NHS work only. Time spent completing forms and preparing reports takes the GP away from their patients NHS medical care.
When a doctor signs a certificate or completes a report, it is a condition of the Medical Register that they only sign what they know to be true. In order to complete forms the doctor might have to check the patient’s entire medical record. Carelessness or an inaccurate report can have serious consequences for the doctor with the General Medical Council (the doctors’ regulatory body) or even the Police.”
In accordance with our contractual obligations we are publishing our average GP earnings which are £57,689 for 2014/15. We have nine doctors working in the practice, two full time with seven part time occasionally assisted by locum GPs who cover holiday periods.
For the financial year 2015/16
All GP practices are required to declare the mean earnings (e.g. average pay) for GPs working to deliver NHS services to patients at each practice. The average pay for GPs working in Hobs Moat Medical Centre in the last financial year was £26,420 before tax and NI. This calculation is for 2 full-time GPs and 7 part-time GP .